Jun 5, 2009

Woks

Okay!! Time for a new post...urm, what should I write about? *looks around kitchen* ....woks!! Yes! I believe no asian kitchen is truely asian without a wok, why? it's like a unicorn without a horn, it's just a horse. It completes it and makes it stand out! Another thing about woks is that they are not only good for authentic cooking, they make perectly reasonable sleds when it snows. No flat edges means less surface area that that bin liner and you go faster but it also means you lose control and hit that random tree which you though was further away...ow.. Cleaning woks is a job my parents forces upon me, it's a simple task, mind you, and I'm not complaining (that much) but it leaves my hands with rough callouses and my parents complaing about the state fo my limbs. "Who would want to marry a woman with such rough hands?!" They say..... As a very lazy asian, I use woks as my only cooking utensil; from flipping pancakes (which leaves them rather concave) to making instant ramen...but making a cake proved rather difficult...

No comments:

Post a Comment