Apr 30, 2011

Back with chocolate bars and randomness.

Hello again. I am back after some unforeseen circumstances. My laptop died and went to heaven. Before I got the shovel out and began digging. I patched it up with a few plasters and am now working in "Safe Mode."

The holidays has ended and what have I done since then? Um.. baked, stubbed my toe and grew weed moulded chocolate.

Since "useless Safe Mode" won't allow me to download photos from my camera, you'll just have to currently take my word for it.

I've baked a chocolate chip cake with cinnamon sugar topping for my little sister's picnic. Had plenty of mixture left over so I've made some muffins with it. It tasted pretty good except it became more and more stodgy the longer it existed.

Made plenty of Disaronno biscuits to keep some friends amused.*cough*Wardy*cough* I reckon it's my most popular recipe yet. Upped the antic and added fresh Disaronno to the baked biscuits. It doesn't actually go soggy *Shock!!* Oh, and brought a new bottle of Disaronno..*hic*

On Easter Sunday, was wandering around town centre with my boyfriend and found most of the shops were closed APART from The Works. I mean come on! Even Subway was closed. Anyway, we went in and I found a book on moulding your own chocolate bars and it came with a mould for three bars. Hallelujah!*Cloud parts, sun shines, Choir sings.* Moulding chocolate isn't difficult but it's pretty damn fun, plus it makes pretty neat gifts for people. I've so far made marshmallow and fudge bar, peanut butter and dark chocolate bar, And Disaronno chocolate lollypops. The results are pretty and they taste good. I've used Tescos plain chocolate since I find milk chocolate too sweet. Pictures are to come soon.

Happy Rantings.

No comments:

Post a Comment