Nov 28, 2011

Not so Happy Rant

A video of a woman spitting out racial hatred with her son sitting on her lap has gone viral.

WARNING - Not for the racially sensitive.

This video has got me thinking about my role in this whole, "Being British" thing. I shall say, Yes. I AM British. Maybe not ethnically but as an identity, yeah. My passport is a proof but it goes beyond that. I am educated, I do what I can to help others and be a good citizen, I abide by the law. I mean, come on! I don't even have an accent! I just happen to be lucky to have two cultures. I grew up in a predominantly white population in the UK, sure I had a few racist insults but nothing too serious. I once recall my mum wanting to help an elderly woman up when she fell but hesitated since she was unsure of the woman's reaction. Just because I don't look British doesn't mean I'm a bad citizen.
This woman obviously does not sound educated and is possibly the most hated woman in "Her Britain" right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment