Mar 17, 2011

Books, Glorious Books

Okie dokie! Another post on books... now, where to begin..?
Well, Since my last post, I've tidied my room and set up a book binding studio. In effect, it's just a clean desk with a cutting mat. Not as impressive as it sounds, really.
Here we go! Remember the book I've sent off? Well, I've made it into a kind of a series.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yeah, the black on black, stripy motif. The portrait one has a little tag coming from the spine and the landscape one (Made for my boyfriend (Yes, I'm sad enough to make our books match.)) was rather confusing since I am so used to make portrait books.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the portrait one up close. Note the woven stripes. (They were a bitch to stick down.) I personally think this is my best one yet.

I've also made a replica (If not, then slightly better) version of my very first book.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I've used the same cover material. The blue paper covered in a mesh netting type of material with red swirls. The mesh was difficult to stick down so I'm glad it's done now. But yeah! This is what my very first book looked a bit like.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh right, and I am sad enough to make mini book stands for the books I've not given away. Weighted down with 4 rooks from my glass chess set. In theory, I could've just used bottles of alcohol as book stands but where's the fun in that?
By the way. the book on the end is bound with fabric. It was the first successful one but it took the longest since I have to cover a piece of paper in glue, press down the fabric, leave it to dry overnight, then bound it and leave it to dry overnight again. Normally I'd only use one "overnight."

No comments:

Post a Comment