Mar 29, 2011

Crouching Binder, Hidden Dragon

Another week spent at college procrastinating. Oh dear. On a lighter note, more books have been created while procrastinating. Take this little book, for example. Japanese stab bound book. It was so damn fiddly. But so damn cute, eh? The Pound coin is placed here to compare sizes. Oh, I also gave the book to my boyfriend. He likes little cute things. haha Bless.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now. Regarding the strange title. You may think it's something associated with something Chinese. (Me?) Or perhaps the film. (Well, yes. The title is a bad pun on the film title. But That's not the point.) Check this out:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


And a black one too:
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic



I created the green one first when I went to the local haberdashery and went through the scrap discount bin. I found a strip of the green nylon silk stuff and brought it for 40 pence. Positioned the dragon so it'd lie on the front cover. Thought it came out well and brought more fabric. Yaaay!

Unfortunately I no longer have either of them but I have made a duplicate of the black one but it's just not the same. I've given my green one to my boyfriend's mum as she's so supportive of my bookbinding and she's just plain awesome. I've also sent the black one off to London for my friend's birthday.

Going back to the title. You now know what the Dragon part is about. and the "Crouching binder?" Mum stole my chair from my bedroom desk so I'm just about kneeling as I type this. Just wonderful.

This is my current collection A7-sized bound books (Minus the dragon book.) It's gotten bigger. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I feel rather proud. <--- I have now sinned. Pride. haha..

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the black one is briliant :). Once you go black, you never go back. (I assume this sexual observation works for books to, though I am sadly inexperienced with either :( )

    ReplyDelete